1. Foxman B. Epidemiology of urinary tract infections. In: morbidity and economic costs. Disease-a-Month 2000; 49. 53-70.
2. Riccabona M. Urinary tract infections in children. Current Opinions in Urology 2003; 13(1):59-62.
3. Foxman B, Barlow R, D'Arcy H, Gillespie B, Sobel JD. Urinary tract infection: self-reported incidence and associated costs. Annals of epidemiology 2000; 10(8):509-15.
4. Kumar Y, Sood S, Sharma A, Mani KR. Antibiogram and characterization of resistance markers among Escherichia coli Isolates from urinary tract infections. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries 2013; 7(07):513-519.
5. Naveen R, Mathai E. Some virulence characteristics of uropathogenic Escherichia coli in different patient groups. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2005; 122(2):143.
6. Sanchez GV, Master RN, Karlowsky JA, Bordon JM. In vitro antimicrobial resistance of urinary Escherichia coli isolates among U.S. outpatients from 2000 to 2010. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy 2012; 56(4):2181-2183.
7. Gold HS, Moelleing RC. Antimicrobial-drug resistance. New England Journal of Medicine 1996; 335(19):1445-53.
8. Enne VI, Livermore DM, Stephens P, Hall LM. Persistence of sulphonamide resistance in Escherichia coli in the UK despite national prescribing restriction. Lancet 2001; 357: 1325–28.
9. Skold O.Sulfonamide resistance: mechanisms and trends. Drug Resistance Updates 2000; 3: 155–160.
10. Roland S, Ferone R, Harvey RJ, Styles VL, Morrison RW. The characteristics and significance of sulfonamides as substrates for Escherichia coli dihydropteroate synthase. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 1979; 254: 10337–10345.
11. Hammerum A, Sandvaye D, Andersen SR. Detection of sul1, sul2, sul3, in sulfonamide resistant Escherichia coli isolates obtained from healthy humans pork and pigs in Denmark. International Journal of Food Microbiology 2006; 106: 235-239.
12. Wu S, Dalsgard A, Hammerum AM, Porsbo L, Jensen LB. Prevalence and characterization of plasmids carring sulfonamide resistance genes. Among E.coli from pigs, pig carcasses and human. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica 2010; 52: 1-7.
13. Gold HS, Moellering RC. Antimicrobial-drug resistance. New England Journal of Medicine 1996; 335 (19): 1445-53.
14. Stokes HT, Hall RM. A novel family of potentially mobile DNA elements encoding site-specific gene-integration functions: integrons. Molecular microbiology 1989; 3(12):1669-83.
15. Ploy MC, Lambert T, Couty JP, Denis F. Integrons: an antibiotic resistance gene capture and expression system. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine 2000; 38: 483–87.
16. Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, “Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing, twenty-first informational supplement. M02-A10 and M07-A8,” CLSI Document M100-S21, Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, Pa, USA, 2013.
17. Kerrn MB, Klemmensen T, Frimodt-Moller N, Espersen F.Susceptibility of Danish Escherichia coli strains isolated from urinary tract infections and bacteremia, and distribution of sul genes conferring Sulfonamide resistance. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002; 50: 513–516.
18. Hamidi Farahani R, Tajik AR, Nourifard M, Keshavarze A, Taghipour N, Hosseini Shokouh SJ. Antibiotic resistance pattern in E. coli in urine culture sample Research Center Laboratory 660 Army in 2008-2009.Journal of Army University of Medical Sciences 2012; 10(1): 45-49. (Persian)
19. Mathai E, Grape M, Kronvall G. Integrons and multidrug resistance among Escherichia coli causing community acquired urinary tract infection in southern India. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica, et Immunologica Scandinavica 2004; 112: 159–64.
20. Tariq N, Jaffery T, Ayub R, Alam AY, Javid MH, Shafique S. Frequency and antimicrobial susceptibility of aerobic bacterial vaginal isolates. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2006; 16: 196–99.
21. Gulsun S, Oguzoglu N, Inan A, Ceran N. The virulence factors and antibiotic sensitivities of Escherichia coli isolated from recurrent urinary tract infections. Saudi medical journal 2005; 26: 1755–58.
22. Nakhaii Moghadam M, Moshrefi SH. Determination of Urinary antibiotic resistance pattern in E. coli urinary isolates of and Prevalence of broad spectrum beta-lactamases among them. Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences 2009; 16(4): 228-233 (Persian).
23. Dormanesh B, Mirnejad R, Khodaverdi Daryan A, Momtaz H, Yahaghi E, Safarpour Dehkordi F, et al. Evaluation of virulence factors, antibiotic resistance and serogroups determination uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolated from children with pyelonephritis and cystitis. Iranian Journal of Medical Microbiology 2013; 7(2): 27-39. (Persian)
24. Eslami G, Seyed Javadi S, Goudarzi H, Fallah F, Goudarzi M. Prevalence of Integron in Escherichia coli and Klebsiella in children with Urinary tract infection multi-drug resistant. Research in Medicine 2010; 34(1): 61-65.(Persian)
25. Rijavec M, Starcic Erjavec M, Ambrozic Avgustin J, Reissbrodt R, Fruth A, Krizan-Hergouth V, et al. High prevalence of multidrug resistance and ran dom distribution of mobile genetic elements among uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) of the four major phylogenetic groups. Curr Microbiol 2006; 53: 158–62.
26. Bazaz Zadeh N, Akhavan Sepehi A, Nowroozi J. Detection of sul2 in Escherichia coli isolated from patients with urinary tract infection admitted toclinical centers of Khoy city. The Scientific Journal of University of Medical Science 2013; 21(88): 76-83. (Persian)
27. Bean D, Livermore DM, Hall L, Papa I. Resistance among Escherichia coli to sulfonamides and other antimicrobials now little used in man. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2005; 56: 962-966.
28. Al-Agamy M. Molecular resistance mechanisms to older antimicrobial agents in Escherichia coli isolates. African Journal of Microbiology Research 2012; 6: 106-111.
29. Wu S, Dalsgard A, Hammerum AM, Porsbo L, Jensen LB. Prevalence and characterization of plasmids carrying sulfonamide resistance genes. Among E.coli from pigs, pig carcasses and human. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica. 2010; 52: 1-7.
30. Koljalg S, Trusaluk K, Vainumae I, Stsepetova J, Mikelsaar M. Presistance of Escherichia coli colones and phenotype and genotypic antibiotic resistance in recurrent urinary tract infections in childhood. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2009; 47: 99-105.