Document Type: Original Article
M.Sc. student in health care management, Health Services Management Research Center, Institute for Futures Studies in Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Medical Student, Student Research Committee, School of Medicine, Bam University of Medical Sciences, Bam, Iran
Ph.D., Assistant Professor, School of Public Health, Bam University of Medical Sciences, Bam, Iran
Introduction: Management of medical equipment is of great economic and managerial importance. Without paying attention to it, the managers of the hospitals will face serious challenges. The present study was conducted with the aim of evaluating/assessing the maintenance management of medical equipment at Pasteur Hospital in Bam.
Method: The present study was a descriptive cross-sectional study. The study was conducted at Pasteur Bam Hospital. The instrument for collecting data/data collection instrument in this study was the standard checklist for the evaluation of medical equipment maintenance. After collecting the data, they were analyzed by descriptive statistics and SPSS software.
Results: The findings of the research on the status of maintenance of medical equipment management in general show that the Medical Equipment Unit of Bam Pasteur Hospital has gained a score of 71 out of the maximum score (100 points) and is generally considered to be a good unit .
Conclusion: In order to improve the performance of the Medical Equipment Unit, hospital officials should consider an appropriate physical space for this department and compensate for the shortage of specialist staff. Also, by holding training courses, hospital officials should train their personnel regarding equipment maintenance management of medical equipment and its significance.
- Bahreini R, Doshmangir L, Imani A. Influential factors on medical equipment maintenance management: In search of a framework. Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering. 2019 Mar 11;25(1):128-43.
- Sun J, Gu H, Wen Q, Luo H. Assessing equity in the distribution of high-technology medical equipment in Guangxi: evidence from an ethnic minority region in Southern China. Int J Equity Health 2017; 16(1): 81-96.
- Amerion A, Alijanzadeh M,
Teymourzadeh E. Effective factors on the management of medical equipment maintenance in a military hospital: A qualitative study in Iran. EBNESINA. 2015;17(3):11–8.
- Tsoromokos D, Tsaloukidis N, Zarakovitis D, Lazakidou A. Use of the DPP4BIT System for the Management of Hospital Medical Equipment. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;238:161-164.
- The place of medical equipment offices. Education, Ministery of Health and Medical. 49, Med &Lab Engineering Magazine2005, Vol. 5, pp. 6-8.
- Moradhasel B, Ghaderi F. The Status of Medical Equipment Maintenance Management in the Hospitals of Hamedan University of Medical Sciences in 2015. Journal of Health and Development. 2018;7(3):274-85.
- Sadaghiani A. The place and services of medical equipment department in hospital. 56, Med & Lab Engineering Magazine2005, Vol. 5, p. 8.
- Amerioun A, Tofighi SH S, Zaboli R. Assessing the medical equipment maintenance management at Selected Hospitals Affiliated with the medical sciences universities in Tehran (2003-2005). J Heal Adm. 2006;9(23):17–24.
- Amerioun A, Hamzeh Ataei B, Mohebi H. Investigation of medical equipment
maintenance management in two selected military hospitals in Iran. 9, 1386, Military Medicine, vol. 3, p 189-195.
- Cowan J. Clinical risk–minimising harm in practical procedures and use of equipment. Br J Clin Gov. 2000;
- Raeisi AR, Sattari R. Need Assessment of Implementing a Preventive Maintenance System at hospitals in Isfahan, Iran. Health Information Management 2012; 9(2): 274- 84. (persian)
- Al-Faqda A, Jafari P, Omidi Murad A. Management of medical equipment in developing countries. Hospital. 1383; 5 (1 and 2): 25-27
- United Kingdom National Health Service. Medical Equipment (Management of) [Internet]. NHS England. 2013. Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/.
- Wang B. Medical equipment maintenance: management and oversight. Synth Lect Biomed Eng. 2012;7(2):1–85.
- Abdo A, Abdel Wahed M, Sharawi A. Dynamic Model for Evaluation of Medical Devices Maintenance in Developing Countries. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management 2015; 3(12): 145-159.
- Amerioun A, Zaboli R, ShokriM,
Aghighi A, Sadeghi AA. Investigation of medical equipment maintenance management in Naja hospitals. Quarterly of Police Medicine. 1393:3 (2): 107-114.
- Janati A, Gholizadeh m, Olfati A. Assessment of medical equipment status of educational hospitals in Tabriz City and its conformity with standards. The first conference on clinical audit and quality improvement. 2012.